NEW: Math Wizard and the Fantastic Food Truck
We’ve added a brand-new math box to our Math Wizard series!
What is the game about?
Fantastic Food Truck is a game about a thriving mobile restaurant. Like many businesses in Spellbarrow Port, magic is part of the work. Using magical runes (geometric pieces), you can help Betty and Reina create lovely dishes.
What does it do?
You will cook delicious food for the colorful inhabitants of the city, pick your ingredients and build them with geometric shapes. You can cut, blend, fry, glaze and, in many other ways, customize your dishes to please your various customers.
Unique customers will show up in various stages across Spellbarow Port, will have different preferences, and will have various exotic requests, from pizza to sushi, sandwiches, pastries and more!
Made for grades 1 & 2, Math Wizard and the Fantastic Food Truck teaches kids to:
- Distinguish between defining attributes (e.g., triangles are closed and three-sided) versus non-defining attributes (e.g., color, orientation, overall size)
- Build and draw shapes to possess defining attributes.
- Compose two-dimensional shapes or three-dimensional shapes to create a composite shape, and compose new shapes from the composite shape.
- Partition circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, and quarter of
- Describe the whole as two of, or four of the shares.
- Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.
- Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
- Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same-size squares and count to find the total number of them.
- Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc., and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths
- Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.
What’s in the Box?
- Fantastic Food Truck
- Carnival Crew Digital
- Parent facing skills: Geometry
- Content – 1)Geometry for 1st & 2nd grade 2)Core Standards Coverage