Keep Coding Year-Round With Osmo!
The official National Coding Week was September 14 – September 20, but here at Osmo, we think every week is for coding. Help your little one explore the digital world with coding games for kids from Osmo!
What is Coding?
According to Career Karma, “Computer coding is the use of computer programming languages to give computers and machines instructions on what actions to perform.”
What are the Benefits of Coding?
In addition to teaching computational and programming skills, coding has a wide variety of benefits for children:
- Understanding of Technology: Through coding, kids acquire important technical skills necessary to succeed in the digital world!
- Problem-Solving Skills: Coding teaches kids how to break problems down into parts and figure out how to find a solution.
- Creativity: Most kids already have the ability to think outside the box. Coding encourages kids to put on their thinking caps and be creative!
- Critical Thinking: When kids learn to code, they learn how to analyze and respond to information presented to them.
- Resilience: The troubleshooting process helps kids practice persevering through a tough challenge. For example, if the code is broken, they will have to review each line thoroughly to identify the source of the problem.
Coding Games from Osmo
Learning to code doesn’t have to be intimidating. In fact, Osmo can show you just how fun and easy coding can really be! Our three hands-on digital-physical games offer accessible coding for kids.
First, Coding Awbie teaches basic concepts of coding using tangible coding blocks. Kids put blocks together to guide Awbie, the strawbie-munching character, on an adventure to save a sick mountain!
In this intermediate game, kids use tangible blocks of code to make patterns, sequences and loops and compose music. Your kids can even share these tracks with friends and family!
Finally, Coding Duo is the most advanced game in our Osmo Coding lineup. This game encourages cooperative learning and strategic thinking as your kids work with Mo the friendly monster and strawberry-loving Awbie to solve puzzles.