DIY-How to Make a Cardboard House
Cardboard crafts are an awesome way to kickstart your child’s creativity. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a cardboard house.
- Cardboard (12” x 12” piece)
- Paper cutters (or x-acto knife or scissors)
- Draw the outline of your house on your cardboard piece
- Carefully cut along the lines (adult supervision required)
- Fold the cardboard accordingly to make your house
- Secure the edges with tape
- Decorate the house in whichever way you like!
This is one of the most fun crafts for kids to do at home. Beyond honing your child’s creativity and imagination, it’s also a great way to fine-tune their gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
What’s more, your child could also engage in pretend play with this little activity! For example, they could position tiny dolls in front of the door and pretend they’re ringing the bell. If you’ve got a tiny kitchen set at home, you could help your child “cook” a meal within their little cardboard house too.